You can download this poster from the YesVote website. 6 steps for encouraging good behaviour in ririki...
In other words...
- You're the one with the problem, not your kids.
- Just clear out, your kids don't want you there.
- Don't tell them off - it might hurt their self-esteem.
- If your kid is doing something you don't want her to do, try and distract her... if that doesn't work, take them away. But remember, you may only do this if it is not for the purpose of correction. Otherwise you'd be breaking the law.
- Smile, hug and praise your kid when they're good... this will encourage them not to disobey you at other times... maybe.
- Play games with your kids to change bad behaviour.